CARE & MAINTENANCE OF YOUR FIBREGLASS REPLICA
Please note the following instructions;
- Your replica is painted with exterior enamel paint.
- Annually at least, wash with warm, soapy water or sugar soap if required using a soft cloth.
- Do not wash with steel wool, or any other materials which may scratch or damage the surface.
- If kept out-side, you will need to re-coat the clear protective coating every 12 to18 months depending on your climate. This can be done with a good quality enamel clear gloss (a spray can is alright), the replica needs to be cleaned before you re-coat with the clear coat.
- We use Resene Uracryl Clear Semi-Gloss for our protective coating.
- Give your replica a light hand sand using 240 grit sandpaper then clean off any excess dirt and grit and repaint per the paint manufactures specs. If you desire a high polish or glossy look use a high gloss Uracryl instead.
- Colour finish touch up kits are available for small chips or scratches.
- Note that we can do repaints and repairs at a cost estimate depending on the scope of work required.